Our Professional Membership Category includes any Medical Herbalist using their knowledge in their line of work, as well as those in clinical practice.
Becoming a professional member of the NZAMH identifies you as having completed rigorous training in the field of herbal medicine, and that your expertise and high standards are recognisable to you, the public and other healthcare professionals and institutions.
Those who achieve this status may display the title MNZAMH or Registered Herbalist (NZAMH) next to their name, as well as display the NZAMH logo on their website and other materials.
Applying for Professional Membership
To submit a successful application requires you to download and fill out the form on the right of this page. Whether you choose the word doc or pdf is up to you. Downloading the word doc makes it easy for you to type your responses in, save and then email through, whereas if you download the pdf you will probably need to hand write into the spaces (depending on your computer programs), scan, and then email or alternatively, send in the post snail mail. There is no right or wrong way, choose what is best for you. We do not currently have an online form for Professional Member Applications, only the pdf or word doc described above.
Please do your best to submit all the requested documentation, along with a copy of your qualification/s which must be signed and stamped by a Justice of the Peace (JP).
Including all the requested documentation, helps to ensure efficient processing of your application. Applications are approved in approximately 3 month cycles coinciding with committee meetings, so depending where you are in that cycle completed applications can take from 2 weeks – 3 months to approve. Some applications may take longer, especially if the applicant is required to do some Continuing Professional Education hours in which case they may be placed on provisional membership until completion and approval. Annual fees are adjusted accordingly to align with acceptance of your application.
First Aid Certificate
Professional members need to hold a current First Aid certificate.
A ‘non-standard application’ describes the category where an applicant trained somewhere other than the colleges listed on the application form as pre-approved by NZAMH, If you are applying as a non-standard application (i.e. not from a pre-approved college course), you do not need to provide a First Aid Certificate until you receive confirmation that your application has been accepted.
Benefits of Professional Membership
As a Professional NZAMH Member you receive:
- An annual practising certificate once you have completed annual renewal requirements.
- Annual subscription to our quarterly journal, available only to members, which features herbal articles, political issues, committee reports and much more.
- Regular free educational webinars on herbal medicine and related topics.
- Annual conference and AGM at a discounted rate (compared to that of non-members).
- All Professional members and students are invited to join a Yahoo professional discussion group. This enables contact with a large group of other practising herbalists. This is a valuable platform for keeping in touch, professional assistance and mentoring.
- Your membership will be supporting ongoing work in the political and educational fields of herbal medicine.
- All Professional members will be able to advertise through our website and also receive free brochures on herbal medicine and NZAMH for their practices.